The primary purpose of this position is to develop and execute sales plans and actions to ensure that the Company meets and exceeds all sales (revenue) objectives. Under the direction of the Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Development and in cooperation with other functional leaders in the Company, the National Sales Manager will develop strategic and tactical plans to maintain and enhance existing sales distribution channels while also working to develop new and alternative sales distribution channels for the Company
- Working with the Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Development; conducts market analysis including pricing, discount rates, market share analysis, competitor information, rebate programs, consignment programs, and emerging trends to thoroughly position the Company for leadership in the industry.
- Produces sales reports and conducts analysis of product forecasts, market channels, and distributors to understand and evaluate effectiveness of current sales efforts.
- Develops specific sales plans for each product, region and distribution channel.
- Prepares annual revenue and expense budgets and monitors performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Coordinates the activity of field sales efforts along with the roles of marketing and general sales to ensure the achievement of specific sales goal.
- Develops staff and resource plans to ensure that all sales objectives can be successfully achieved
- Interviews and recruits sales personnel, alternative channel distribution partners, and other field sales personnel and regularly and continuously monitor their performance and effectiveness against established performance metrics and expectations.
- Evaluates, selects, and manages all outside sales representatives.
- Recruits, coordinates, manages, and oversees the ProStaff function of the company to ensure that the ProStaff members properly represent the company products and brand while also managing the administration of ProStaff program.
- Travels with sales personnel, distribution partners and other field service personnel to visit clients and retailers for the purposes of monitoring and coaching along with establishing a positive brand image for the Company and ensuring accounts are properly managed.
- Responsible for the planning and day-to-day management of the International Sales efforts of the company including determining sales objectives, establishing sales channels, and achieving sales objectives in each of the target markets.
- Develops key performance indicators for sales and sales personnel, monitors progress and proactively develops training programs as well as taking immediate steps to resolve any performance deficiencies.
- Visits key and strategic national accounts to establish new relations and growth of existing accounts.
- Works with Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Development and other key personnel to develop industry trade show plans and actively participates in trade shows by seeking opportunities to speak in sessions, invite strategic partners, and schedule meetings with key customers, distribution partners, suppliers, and the media.
- Manages all consumer shows to ensure event is properly staffed, products and inventory are properly managed and ensure that booth and displays are set up and configured properly
- Works with Marketing personnel to develop sales support literature, social media, web presence, systems, and other technological services to ensure that needs of the sales channel partners are met effectively.
- Manages the training and education efforts of the company to ensure brand awareness, product features and functionality, product/brand differentiation, and ensure that all sales representatives, channel partners, ProStaff, customer services, and other key personnel are fully competent on all products and services provided by the company.
- Work collaboratively with the support staff of the company, including service and repair and customer service/customer experience personnel to align the sales efforts of the company with customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations, Sales, and Administrative work groups of the company to align the efforts of your area of responsibility with the general and specific business objectives of the company.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline, or other Bachelor’s degree along with demonstrated business acumen through career experience and achievement.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive sales management experience, with a minimum of three (3) years of national or large regional sales management experience.
- Demonstrated success managing and establishing new distribution partners and alternative sales channel partners for a durable consumer brand of product, preferably within the sports, outdoors, or recreation products industry.
- Strong supervisory experience including recruitment and managing sales personnel, third party sales partners, and working collaboratively across functional areas to achieve sales objectives.
- Experience creating and developing sales reports and creating action plans and key performance indicators for products, markets, and channel partners.
- The ability to analyze data, identify trends, and create and develop sales plans and processes as needed to support business objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency with verbal and written communications, presentation skills, relationship building and problem solving.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, ability to learn Epicor and specialized reporting systems.
- Business Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Relationship Building
- Analytical Ability
- Problem Solving
Comply with Hunter’s Manufacturing Company, Incorporated policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incumbent will work in office and production settings, and will be required to sit and to stand for extended periods of time and move throughout the production area.
- Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device, and office machinery as needed.
- Individual may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Incumbent must be able to read, see, hear, speak, and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work location includes a climate controlled indoor office and a production setting.
- Incumbent will be exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, loud noises.
- Incumbent will be expected to work on several projects/assignments simultaneously and may need to work outside of core operating hours as requested.